Guava is a tropical fruit which is known for its distinctive flavour and fragrance. It is regarded as one of the least chemically injected and sprayed fruit and is a rich source of vitamins and minerals. This incredible fruit is used in cooking both sweet and savoury delicacies. The guava juice is regarded as a refreshing drink especially during summers, and it is also used in making sauces, jellies and jams. The leaves of the fruit are also used for preparing tea, which is used for treating diarrhoea. Now, let us look at some of the amazing health benefits of guava and its leaves.
- Improves heart health- The vitamins and antioxidants in the fruit protect the heart from damage caused by free radicals. It is believed that guava leaf extracts reduce blood pressure, decreases bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterol.
- Helps in weight loss- The fibre content in guavas keeps you full for a longer time and being low in calories makes it an ideal snack for losing weight. You can include this fruit in your diet daily by tossing up with your favourite salads.
- Improves your immunity- Being rich in Vitamin C, this fruit helps in boosting your immunity by protecting from infections. The antimicrobial properties of guava help in killing bad bacteria and viruses.
- Enhances skin and hair health- Guavas can do wonders to your skin and health if consumed regularly. Due to the presence of antioxidants, consuming guava or applying guava extract on the skin slows down the ageing process and prevents wrinkles. It also treats acne due to its anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties.
- Aids in digestion- The high fibre content in guavas helps in preventing constipation and aid in regular bowel movements. It is believed that guava leaf extract lowers the intensity and duration of diarrhoea by killing all harmful microbes in the gut.
So, these are some of the health benefits of guava listed above. We recommend including this amazing and healthy fruit in your diet. For fresh and safe to eat fruits and vegetables, visit Farmers Fresh Zone, your online store for locally sourced vegetables and fruits.